At Bay Ridge Prep we celebrate diversity. Our school community includes individuals hailing from Britain, mainland China, France, Hong Kong, Korea, Myanmar, the Philippines, South Africa, Turkey and Venezuela. Our surrounding community is also culturally rich with people from all over the globe, and we at Bay Ridge Prep value the opportunity to learn about new cultures and embrace different ways of thinking and viewing the world. As educators, we aim to prepare all students for life after high school in our increasingly globalized world. Our international students are an invaluable part of the fabric that weaves our school together.
International students have a chance to learn about American culture, gain fluency in English, and understand the United States’educational systems in preparation for attending American colleges and universities. They may take full advantage of enrichment in the arts, athletics, community service and extracurricular activities, leaving them well prepared academically in addition to becoming well-rounded global citizens.
For more information about the International Student Program (ISP), please see the program overview.
HOW TO APPLY
To begin the application process, you must create a login on Ravenna by clicking the APPLY ONLINE button below. Make sure to create your account using an email address you will have access to throughout the admissions season as this will be your primary email contact with our school.
- Select Bay Ridge Prep in the the School Directory (we are the first on the list) and click the APPLY button.
- Complete our Online Application Form.
- Delegate 2 Teacher Assessments to be sent directly to the teachers. Teachers will then send back to us.
- Upload copies of report cards from the past 2 years, including your child's most recent report card.
- Upload copies of any evaluations, standardized tests, photos or anything else you would like us to have.
- Upload English Test Scores (SLEP, TOEFL or IELTS).
- Submit bank statements of person responsible for tuition payment.
- Upload a copy of passport.
- Complete the $60 application fee payment and submit application by clicking the Pay & Submit button.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TUITION
The International Student Program offers services that will assist students whose primary language is not English. The program will enhance their communication skills, allowing them to reach their goals in language development and educational readiness. Inclusion into core subject classes will further enrich an international student’s academic experience, adding valuable social interactions furthering their language skills.
For the 2017-2018 school year, tuition for the International Program at Bay Ridge Prep is:
Bay Ridge Prep has partnerships with the following agency:
Ivy International Group
While you are welcome to apply on your own if you require assistance on the application process, you can reach out to Ivy International Group.
After all application materials are received, our Admissions Committee will review the application. If the applicant is a good match for our program, we will contact you to set up an interview (typically via Skype). This is a great opportunity for students and parents to ask questions.
Approximately 2 - 3 weeks after the interview, the admissions committee will notify the prospective family (or agency) of the applicant's admission status. If the student is accepted and offered a seat, instructions for enrollment are included in the decision letter.
I-20 REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED STUDENTS
If you are an accepted student, in order to process your I-20, we require the following:
- Signed contract and tuition payment. (Keep these documents with you during travel)
- Copy of visa/passport (Keep these documents with you during travel)
- Bank statement of person responsible for tuition payment (Keep these documents with you during travel)
- Affadavit of support
- Current foreign address
- Bay Ridge Prep medical form and immunization history (these forms will be emailed to you upon acceptance).