What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund provides flexible, unrestricted support for annual expenses: faculty professional development, academic and extra-curricular programs, visual and performing arts, and athletics. Each year, Bay Ridge Prep asks every member of our community to contribute to the Annual Fund.
As at every other independent school in the country, tuition does not cover the full cost of education each student. We rely on Annual Fund contributions to close this gap. The 2019-2020 Annual Fund will support our school's commitment to recruit and retain the best faculty, support new elective courses for our students, enhance faculty professional development opportunities, build a scholarship fund, and continue to move the growth of the school forward in terms of both its program and the maintenance of our facilities.
- HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE FUND?
- IS AN ANNUAL FUND GIFT TAX-DEDUCTIBLE?
- WHAT ABOUT THE ANNUAL FUN RUN?
- WHY SHOULD I CONTRIBUTE?
- HOW DOES ANNUAL GIVING BENEFIT MY FAMILY?
All members of the community are asked to contribute to the Annual Fund as their means allow. Through Annual Giving, all parents, alumni, grandparents and friends can express their philanthropic commitment to Bay Ridge Prep, and make a gift that is personally meaningful.
Annual Giving Circles
Heads: $10,000+ | Scholars: $5,000+ | Fellows: $2,500+ | Tigers: $1,000+
Partners: $500+ | Supporters: $250+ | Friends $100+
Annual gifts give the school's administration the flexibility and financial resources to address spontaneous needs in and out of the classroom such as undertaking new programs not budgeted for. Your participation encourages others to give, helps the school access sources of outside funds, and demonstrates that the Bay Ridge Prep community is devoted to the school, its mission, and its student.
Annual gifts help keep tuition affordable so that more students can benefit from a Bay Ridge Prep education. Your gift is a show of your commitment to the school and indication of Bay Ridge Prep’s strength.
How can I make a gift?
- Credit Card: MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and PayPal are accepted – You can make a credit card gift on our secured giving portal.
- Checks should be made payable to “Bay Ridge Prep” and should be sent to: Bay Ridge Prep Development Office, 8101 Ridge Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY 11209 .
- Gifts of Securities – Gifting appreciated securities allows you to deduct the full value of the gift, without incurring capital gains. If you are considering a gift of securities, please contact our Development Office at email@example.com or call 718-833-9090 for instructions and more information.
- Matching Gifts - Many companies will match the value of charitable gifts made by their employees. When an employer matches all or part of a gift, the donor is recognized for the full amount of their own gift plus any resulting corporate match. Generally, your employer’s Human Resource department will know if your company participates in a matching program and, if so, will provide the necessary forms and instructions to initiate the match. Matching gifts are a great way to leverage Annual Fund donations. If you have a question about Matching Gifts please contact our Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org